Our Commitment to our guests during covid-19
LAST UPDATED 20/10/20
On behalf of everyone at Kellys we want to reassure you that our guests’ and team members’ well being and safety is our utmost priority.
We do recommend staying up to date with the governments current travel restrictions here
Kellys continues to head advice from local health authorities while strictly adhering to advice from both the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and from local health authorities in the Queensland & Federal Governments.
Our greatest priority is that our guests and team members feel safe and secure at our resort. As part of our COVID Safe Management plan we have implemented the following:
- Everyone, including guests and team members, have easy access to hygiene gel and temperature readers.
- All team members undergo temperature screening each day to ensure a healthy work environment.
- All public areas, as well as the back-of-house, are regularly and thoroughly cleaned to the highest standards, paying special attention to high-touch areas such as door handles, etc.
- All staff have completed COVID-19 Safety Training and all hospitality staff have completed the COVID Safe for Dining in Training to ensure team members are fully prepared to provide a safe environment and information to our guests.
- On entering Reception we ask everyone to use the sanitising station.
- Sanitiser will be made available at communal areas.
- We have implemented social distancing, where guests and staff are to remain at a 1.5 meter distance at all times.
- We offer contact-less payment methods.
We are required to gather guest information on guests travel and their current health status before arrival. You will receive this via email before your arrival.
Please note we are unable to accept guests if they have COVID-19 symptoms, have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 within the last 14 days, have returned from overseas travel in that last 14 days or have been in COVID-19 Hotspot in the last 14 days .
Should you begin to feel ill while staying with us, please notify our friendly team. We have Self Quarantine & Symptomatic Guests Guidelines Documentation in place and we stand by ready to support anyone who develops symptoms requiring prompt medical attention, self-isolation and/or quarantine.
For those guests that are vulnerable as defined by the Australian Government, although we are doing our utmost best to protect everyone, your decision to stay with us will come with some risk. We implore you to consider you decision to travel.
We have also made changes to our normal services and facilities:
From 9th June
Reception is Open 9-7 Tues-Sunday & 9-5 Mondays
Our Restaurant will be open for in-house dining Tuesday-Sunday 5.00 pm – 8.00 pm (8.30 pm Fri & Sat). Our breakfast options will not be available at this time.
We will continue offering take away via our online ordering and payment gateway plus over the phone Tuesday – Sunday 4.30 – 6.00 pm
Our Pools, Spa, BBQ Areas, Laundry, Games Room will be open with social distancing in place. We also have rostered staff to clean and sanitise these areas 3 times a day.
The sauna will remain closed at this time.
You can see our full Queensland Tourism & Accommodation COVOD Safe Plan here
You can see our Approved Restaurant COVID Safe Plane here
Booking Cancellations or Changes:
Our normal booking and cancellation policy applies
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if we can help in anyway.
We truly thank you for your support and wish you and your family all the best.
Warm Southern Great Barrier Reef Regards from the family of HD Executives Pty Ltd and our amazing staff!