Get on our waitlist NOW, so you aren’t disappointed!
Although the official turtle season starts in November and runs through to late March, you can book tickets from September 1st. And we do encourage pre-booking so that you can claim your Turtle Encounter adventure at Mon Repos. In the past, guests have tried to book in November, and as tickets were sold out, you can imagine their dismay. So we can’t stress enough to set the alarm for September 1 to secure your tickets. Another option is to join our waitlist at Kelly’s.
Simply book your accommodation with us, including your prefered date for the Mon Repos Turtle Encounter Adventure, and we will add you to our list. Once we have your turtle booking confirmed, we will let you know! It can be that easy!
Enjoy this one-minute video that will have you keen as mustard to stay at Kelly’s and book your tickets to see the turtles!
“Give it a go. We did the turtle encounter tour in early March 2022. It was an entertaining and fun/worthwhile experience. Staff were friendly and helpful. Be prepared for a walk along the sand (which will be uneven ground)…Recommended.
“Good, informative activity. Wonderful facility, lots of information about the work to preserve turtle habitat and breeding grounds. An interactive turtle discovery activity, gift shop and cafe on sight. I can recommend the coffee. Clean toilets and wheelchair access…”
“A great family trip, very educational for the kids and even adults. Was simply amazing to be able to witness this. Something I’ll never forget.”
What will you see?
Mon Repos is a brief 10-12 minute drive from Kelly’s Beach Resort to share in a beautiful experience for all generations. Throughout the season, Mumma adult turtles approach the Mon Repos shoreline eager to nest and lay eggs. The cutest baby hatchlings then emerge approximately eight weeks later. With that in mind, if you want to experience both the laying of the eggs and then watch the baby turtles break through the sand and take their first journey into the ocean, we recommend making two bookings, one at the start of the season and another mid-way through the season. Check out our previous blog to see just how cute the baby turtle hatchlings are!
The Turtle Encounter Tour at Mon Repos and things to know
- The arrival of the turtles and numbers cannot be predetermined, so you may have to wait for nature to show up.
- As your tour will be at dusk or into the night, visibility will be via moonlight and torches, with torches limited due to conservation.
- You may be walking up and down the coast, so moderate fitness is required.
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear for walking along the beach. A jumper may be required, and a water bottle.
- Minimal light exposure is allowed to protect the turtles and ensure that they feel safe to nest. But don’t worry, there will be optimal times to use flash photography, and mobile phones are asked to be placed on silent and dimmed.
- Before your encounter, you will be fully briefed with all the guidelines so you can enjoy your experience.
If you’d like more convincing that the Turtle Encounter at Mon Repos is worth it, read our past blog for more information, then contact us for updated tour dates. And remember, when you book your stay at Kelly’s, we can reserve and book your turtle tickets. We can’t wait to see you soon and hear about your extraordinary Turtle Encounter at Mon Repos, here in beautiful Bundaberg.
Images courtesy of Bundaberg Tourism